We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot open attachment

kingussie

Likes # 0

this file does not have a program associated with it

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

kingussie

I get a few like that as well it is usually jokes from my Niece so I just delete the ones that do not open.

So may get a few tips from your post.Using W7/64Bit but almost sure I used to get the same problem using XP.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you know the file extension then you can set up an association. How you do this varies with your Operating System. It is different for XP and Vist/Win 7.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Probably the suffix (.doc or similar) has been removed. If it is from a known source and you know what it is supposed to be then use the 'Open with ..' function (right click the attachment and select - after saving from the e-mail?). The other option is to ask the sender.

If you don't know where it's from be cautious; it may be nasty.

Like this post
kingussie

Likes # 0

It is from my Accountant and is a valid document OPS windows xp

Like this post
kingussie

Likes # 0

Thanks all ....solved...It was a PDF file so I downloaded Foxit Reader and that opened it. Incidentally I already had Foxit but for some reason it did not open it so I removed it and down loaded again and that did it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

kingussie

Looks like I will have to do the same with my Foxit Reader as well.Thanks for letting me know what the problem was.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

If it's a .ops file have you considered this? link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger