We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacement Battery for Aspire 9300

happybigjohn

Likes # 0

I have an Acer Aspire 9300. The battery no longer keeps its charge. It is 11.1v and 4000m/Ah, whereas most of the replacements on offers are 14.4v and 4400m/Ah. Would using the more powerful battery cause me any problems please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

This should answer your query - link text

Like this post
happybigjohn

Likes # 0

Thanks - I had seen this web site and that's why I ask the question about using a more powerful battery - the one on offer is 14.4v whereas mine is 11.1V

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It appears that the "more powerful" one that you mention is also compatible with the 9300 and therefore shouldn't cause any problems. link text Both come with a 1 yr Warranty

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is correct or not.If so maybe try elsewhere.

link text

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The 2 LINKS I have supplied are both in the UK so should have no problem.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Buteman: in my experience, the large majority of non-original-manufacturer batteries come from Chinese companies, whether that's immediately apparent from their web site or not. Whether all have those kind of terms, I don't know. I've replaced a few laptop batteries from sources like these, though, and have always been satisfied. And, of course, they're a fraction of the price of manufacturer-branded ones (even if they almost certainly come from the same factory).

In answer to the original question: again, in my experience, there's no problem replacing a battery with a longer life one.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton

There has been a few posts in the last year not sure if it was with the same firm or not where the customers were not very happy as the battery's did not fit properly and had to be returned but not sure if they did receive replacements or got refunds,

And yes to the answer although they were using a .Co.Uk address they were actually based in China.

Not sure if it makes any difference but I would expect the company to be based in the Uk if they have a Uk e-mail address.

I will say that if this is actually a Uk company I have actually got my facts wrong.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015