We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phillips tv - 37pf5521d/10 - does not deocode 'm2ts' file off multimeda har drive

yusuf_03

Likes # 0

So I have a phillips tv (model number in title), when i try to play a recorded file from my hard drive (cyclone primus 2tb) which originally came from my soy hdr-xr144e camcorder, i can only hear the sound but cant see any video playback, the screen just stays black. The file type of the recording is 'm2ts' taking in mind that the hard drive does support this, it means that it cant be the problem. Any solution will be very helpful Thanks in advance

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

You have already asked a similar question Same problem?

Like this post
yusuf_03

Likes # 0

The reason being is because i contacted both sony and phillips (make of my camcorder and tv) they said that its more likely that the tv cannot play 'm2ts' video format. This cannot be right beacuse i copied some of the video files onto a memory stick and play them thorugh my ps3, they all play fine with no problem, now im slighlty confused and dont know why its not decoding the video.?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Did you have a look at my link in your other post? The problem is the format Sony records the video file in.

Like this post
yusuf_03

Likes # 0

Yes i looked at the link. But if the format works thorugh a ps3 how can it not work thorugh the hard drive, when the actuall hard drive does support m2ts files? its a cyclone primus 2tb hard drive?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

because the PS3 decodes the files your TV cannot

you need to convert the files into a form the TV can deal with directly.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

My mistake your Cyclone Primus 2tb is a media player, not just a harddrive and you are quite right it does support them2ts format.

Have you connected it correctly, I have looked at the manual here Sumvision and it is worth checking.

Like this post
yusuf_03

Likes # 0

Fruit bar - can you reccomend me any file type i can convert it to so that the quality is not reduced?

Gegiscant - Yes it supports m2ts and ive connected it via HDMI to the TV

Like this post
yusuf_03

Likes # 0

I seen the sumvision website for manuals, but cant seem to find the one for my hard drive. If any does find it please do post it here.
Also if anyone has or finds any contact number for 'cycline/sumvision' please let me know. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July