We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sending Multiple Emails

dogbreath1

Likes # 0

XP SP3.

I want to send an email to multiple recipients (250) sequentially, so that each email contains only the recipient's email addie.

I have a list of intended recipients saved to an Excel (xlsx) file in column 1 with their respective email addresses saved in column 2.

Can I use an email client (Windows Live Mail) to utilise the data in the Excel file to achieve what I need? What alternatives are available??

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

dogbreath1,

I assume you mean that what you want is that each recipient will not be able to see any other recipient's email addresses.

If you put the list of recipients email addresses into the BCC box and your email address into the to box, all the recipients will see your email address, their email address, but no-one else's email address. There may be a limit to the number of email addresses that you can put into the BCC box, but you can probably send groups of 10 or maybe 20.

I think you may break one or more of your ISPs rules on sending SPAM if you try sending an email to as many as 250 recipients at one go.

Peter.

Like this post
dogbreath1

Likes # 0

Sound advice. Thanks.

I'll check out BCC limitations and my ISP's spam policy. Cheers.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

You can merge to e-mail but only if you have Outlook installed as an Office component.This allows you ro personalise each e-mail to the recipient. In any event when I do this I only send 30 at a time every few minutes.

By saving your Excel file as a CSV (comma Separated Values) and then importing it to an address book you can quite easily set up distribution lists for blocks of 30 recipients. Then set up one e-mail, copy it the necessary number of times (To a Draft Folder) and send it to yourself and BCC each group in turn. This works well if you also have an attachment to send them. I`ve never managed that merging to Outlook!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes