We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA website improvements awaiting a fix.

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 1

I have previously slipped these questions in other threads without getting an answer. Hopefully if I create my own topic something may come of it.

1. What is the point of having 4 pieces of hyperlinked text per thread ? See example screenshot.

Logically, (in the linked screenshot) in the Practice Your Links thread, "Yesterday by Nontek" should be all one link and take you to the last post in that thread. All the links in that column should follow the same format.

However, all links go to P.1 of the thread (except the OP link). If that is the intention, it's bad design / unnecessary coding imho.

1. Why are Answers, Views and Last Response (almost always) n/a on the My Posts page? See example screenshot 2

On one of the rare occasions there is something other than n/a, for example, the n47. link takes me back to page one of "My Posts", and the date / time (although coloured blue) is not a link

Additional grumps

My Posts is now a tiresome trawl to get through. With only 10 threads per page, some duplicated if it's a busy thread, you could be looking for a thread for weeks!

The current search facility is abysmal. OK, it (probably?) finds everything, but finding the particular thread you are looking for is a nightmare.

Filtering by Last Week (2) Last Month (6) Last 6 Months (25) Last Year (62) All Time doesn't particularly help, especially if the thread you are looking for is 6 weeks ago, as the threads are listed in no particular order. And with only 15 threads per search page, this is another area you could get lost in for weeks!

The Search facility needs a user sort button (Date ascending/descending) =or= needs to be sorted by default.

For example, searching for my own thread "PCA Site going down for Maintenance" - it's actually on page 7 of my posts dated 8th April but it took me about 10 minutes to find it. I gave up looking through the Search results and went back through my posts. Not knowing the date of it, I had to search through every page.

It's now 8 weeks after the update and the site speed issue appears to have been resolved but these silly things that don't work are niggling me. The fact that they still don't work but the advertising has been fixed is even nigglier (if there is such a word). LoL

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 1

Wee eddie

You Said abouta video for how to hyperlink

Here is a screenshot tutorial that I made

Comment on Comments page if you like

Jason

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 1

Thanks for that Jason.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Any Day

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Another thing that needs fixing is that when you click on the user name of a post to follow or view their profile, the text box that appears with the two buttons, the post underneath overlaps so you have no way of pressing one of the buttons

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

And my miff though small, as a big effect and easy to deploy. Change the Colour of the Link Text so that Members and those who need help can find it easier It would be better may be in Red

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Or underline it so that it is exactly like all other hyperlinks like how google does or email programs do.

Blue is used mostly but with an underline so that it is easily spotted as a link

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I think this thread is gonna go on for as long as this site is faulty at this rate.

One over thing that would be good is if they could add the ability to have more thread posts on a page so when you get about 50 so posts in a thread, it is not about 6 pages long, instead to be only. About 2 pages long.

I think that it is about 10/12 per page, they should increase it to about 25 at least as this would make viewing long threads a quicker and simpler job and would stop people from missing important posts that may be on another page before try post. This I have done a number of times and I know that it happens a lot.

Also when is mobile PCA going to have post options instead of using mobile version?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Soz, mention to say instead of desktop version

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jwarn The mobile site has been stating that the ability to post is coming soon for well over a month. I am beginning to wonder about the definition of soon.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

People on PCA are starting to have a funny way of explaining stuff.

Here is Woodchips funny post

The main Problem with the Site was it had fell over, But seems now they have corrected the Speed Problems, Next is to get the creases out of the Pants

Is this the new PCA style of saying things?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added