We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics card dead or alive?

fishmeister

Likes # 0

Hi,

Started having issies with my pc this week and I am hopeing someone can point me in the right direction before I blow any money.

When watching videos the screen freezes, only way to exit is to boot the pc But it then come back with a blue screen and a load of message (sorry didn't read them). Then says I have had an issue (black screen) and to restart pc Restart takes place and goes back to step above.

To get out of this cycle I press F8 at restart and do rollback to a couple of weeks ago and all is fine, untill I view a video and the back to freeze screen lol.

So a few questions I am looking for help with please.

1, I guess the graphics card has died?, how do I check this before I buy a new one. 2, If I buy the same card GeForce 8300GS can I simply switch then and carry on. 3, will my PC only be compatible with certain cards? 4, will I have to do a full systyem restore following instalation (backing up files now lol) 5, any other things you can think of that may be the problem or may caus me issues.

Any help greatly appreciated (pc is a dell inspiron 530)

Cheers Paul.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just posting so that the big grey tick will appear on the right for you to click on and turn it green to close this thread as replies are all on duplicate thread ClickHere

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes