We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Kies taking a long time

Damarc

Likes # 0

I've recently bought a smartphone [Samsung Galaxy S] and found that to transfer photos to my laptop, I needed to download Samsung Kies. This seems to take an inordinate amount of time to open and then to find photos on my phone. In the past with my Nokia phones, I've either used Windows import or Explore which has been very quick. But my attached Samsung phone doesn't show up in the Explore menu as a removable gadget, nor does the Windows dialogue box open up. Is there any way I can bypass the Samsung Kies programme for photo transfer?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What is your OS?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and it shows up as external device when connected to desktop or laptop but it can take a while. You should hear the standard USB connect sound. Kies launches ok but rather slowly. Do you have the latest version of Kies? When connected I can access the phones memory through explorer (using Computer/My Computer) and copy and paste photos without using Kies.

Kies is fairly poor imo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014