We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WMA to MP3 converter software required

mousee

Likes # 0

I've recently bought a Peugeot 3008 and included is a decent music system, so I purchased a good sized Kingston memory stick to load up with MP3s to play in the car, I did a good few CDs and tried them in the car, only a few played, after reading the manual, it states that the system will only read MP3, some of the files are WMA, I've downloaded a converter and even after doing the conversion, the files still aren't recognised, can anyone offer some help please?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Atube Catcher is a free application built for xp and above. It is aimed at video downloading from sites such as youtube. It also allows you to convert video & music to whatever format you want. It does not even have to be youtube that you download from.

You can also convert AAC, FLA & Shockwave formats as well to what ever stuff you want but not the other way.

I had been searching for ages for a video/music converter and ways to download stuff from youtube & was such a happy person when somebody told me about this application.

Another feature is that you can record exactly what you are doing on the screen, which is brilliant for tutorials. I have come across millions of alternatives that cost a lot more than what they are worth.

I would give it 10 out of ten but it is not available for Mac or Linux so I have given it an 9 out of ten instead.

Hope this helps :)

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 1

why did you not rip to mp3 with WMp too late for the ones already done but next time

Like this post
magnus35

Likes # 0

Here is a free , and easy to use sound converter which I have been using for a few years - http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Magnus35

You are a star

Mousee If you have iTunes as well, then I think you can convert WMA to MP3 using iTunes

Like this post
mousee

Likes # 0

I don't have i-Tunes but have the problem solved now, thank you to all who replied.

Cheers

Alan

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer