We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wired and wireless

chippy+

Likes # 1

hi at the moment i have a virgin modem and a wireless/wired N router giving me 10m speed i am moving up to 20m and getting a virgin super hub is it better to set it up to suit wired and then connect to wireless i have 4 wired pc's and 3 wireless including a laptop which i use 3 usb dongles working on a home network any advice on setting this up thanks Chippy

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

With the supplied superhub I don't think there is any setting up to do, just switch everything off connect up and then plug in the hub first leave to settle then turn on the PC's and the wireless will already be setup with encryption, the key for that will be on the bottom of the hub.

Like this post
chippy+

Likes # 0

Hi Strawballs

thanks for the reply that's good news do you think I will have to redo my home network again to reconise all my 7 pcs thanks Chippy

ps

there was posts referring to lack of posts in the I have noticed this in recent times and I have been a member for 9.5years

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I'm not sure on the redo network you will at to try it once set up.

I've been here 10.5 yrs and yes I have noticed too.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"do you think I will have to redo my home network again to reconise all my 7 pcs"

Changing routers shouldn't have any effect on your existing network setup.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone