We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

this new site

palinka
Resolved

Likes # 0

I was incommunicado for about 3 months at the start of the year and when I finally returned I discovered the forums all look different, and I don't find the new look helpful.

OK, having got that growse out of the way I have 2 questions - (a)where is the "Resolved" box on this site? does it still exist? & if so where? If not, how do I indicate that a problem is resolved?

AND (b)does anyone know where on the BT.com site I can sign up for the line rental that you pay in a single payment instead of each month. I've just spent nearly an hour going round and round in circles on their website trying to achieve this; followed by a call to their tel no - up to 7 different options at any one time, but none of them takes me to a place (or person)who can sign me up for this.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Resolved.You will see grey ticks on your post click one till it turns green and thats all you do.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

link text BT Line Rental Saver ....

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

With regard to twelve month line rental upfront I phoned and went through to Bills accounts etc and arranged that detail in two or three minutes.

Like this post  
palinka

Likes # 0

thanks, Buteman.

Nontek - thanks, but that's one of the places on their website that sends me round in circles - when I click on the pink button it does NOT take me to a sign-up for annual line rental, only to change my calling plan/features & as I know I already "qualify" for the line rental I don't want to change any of my plans. (and 2 years ago BT claimed I had ticked a box to change my plan -I had not- but it still cost me to sort out the mess BT had caused with my [then] ISP. I'm not going anywhere near that route again)

Like this post
palinka

Likes # 0

thanks, compumac, I'll try that.

Like this post
palinka

Likes # 0

I must be thicker than I thought! Or maybe I'm starting from the wrong number. Using 0800800150 I arrive at Bills& accounts,but that offers only "order" or how much is owing/when I last paid/etc. I'll try a different number- if I can find one!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

palinka I had not heard about Line Rental Saver until I saw this thread, I have just used Live Chat on the BT website to confirm that I was eligible then I called 0800 800 150 and used the keypad to say that I wanted to query my bill - I had to enter my BT account number. There was a 5 minute hold (or they offered to call back within the hour) then the transaction was done in literally a few minutes. Very painless and you have saved me £40+

Like this post
palinka

Likes # 0

thanks, chub_tor. Glad to have been of help. Now I'll use YOUR information to have another attempt at Line Rental Saver. (the first problem is which button to choose, but as you managed it with "query your bill" I'll try that this time.)

Like this post
palinka

Likes # 0

Done it! All thanks to chub_tor -and a mere 4 hours (with a break here & there)since I started on the quest!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

And that's an example of why this forum is so good, together we have mutually solved a problem. If only all the queries were that easy....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia