We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange broadband

scoobydoo12

Likes # 0

Is anyone else having problems with orange? I've been away and come home and my connection is virtually nil! I tried to watch a programme on iplayer as I missed it and it keeps saying insufficient bandwidth. Everyhting is much slower to load and its quite frustrating. Any help appreciated as the help line is worse than useless. Thanks in advance

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Could well be local loading. Mine is currently fine.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Didn't you have an e-mail about changes to the system? I was told (Friday, I think) that I would be moved to a new network this week. Most work would be done overnight but there might be variations in speed and some instability.

"We're contacting you to let you know about some changes we're making to your Orange broadband service.

During the next week, we'll be working away to move your service onto a new network.

While we're working on your line, your service will be unavailable for approximately ten minutes. During this short period you won't be able to use your broadband or make calls. However, we will be doing the work in off-peak hours (typically between midnight and 6am), so you'll barely notice any disruption.

what happens next?

Once the work to your line is completed, your broadband and phone should automatically start working again. If you have any problems getting online, just restart your router by pressing the on/off button.

On the day after the work is carried out, you may notice a little instability on your line. There may also be minor speed fluctuations for up to ten days (this usually only lasts for three days). This is because your broadband is establishing its optimal line speed on the new network. Please be aware your phone line won't be affected and will continue to work normally throughout this period.

If you have other equipment connected to your phone or broadband line which play up as a result of the work, just restart them."

Phone number given 0844 873 8586

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried turning your router off for two minutes then back on for it to create a new Connection

Like this post
scoobydoo12

Likes # 0

Never got an email. Hope it is only a few days its doing my head in lol. Trouble is if you ring the helpdesk (India) you are on the phone ages and are no better off after. Thanks for your help guys I appreciate it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers