We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 starter

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

had a look at comparisons between w7 o/s and the starter does not look too basic.

can i set up a home network between a w7 desktop [ultimate] and a w7 netbook [starter] to access each others files?

anyone found any annyoing drawbacks with w7 starter?

• Tags:
  • w7
Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

No problem setting up network and I don't miss the Aero look and inability to set your own screen background so I am pretty happy with Win7 Starter on a netbook.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here to see what features are missing from Starter versus Premium and if you can live without them. Personlly I like the Peek, Shake, Snipping Tool, Homegroup capabilities which is why I upgraded from Starter to Premium.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

chub_tor thanks i had checked out this one from a google search, posted in case there was sometrhing it missed.

canarieslover that you for the feedback. just doing some homework looking at a netbook/lappy

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

One thing I know gets people is one of the more trivial things - I believe you can't change your desktop image with Starter. But sometimes it's the little things...

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I upgraded mine to full version through amazon, very easy to do and in my opinion well worth it, but have to say the starter edition did work ok, just that I like the the full version best.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......