We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rogue Desktop Icons

ernieernie

Likes # 0

I started this topic a few days ago but it suddenly got stuck so I am trying again. Every couple of days my desktop suddenly fills with icons which all relate to items in My Documents folder. They don't do any harm but I can't find the icons that should be there, they are getting pushed about. The only way I can get out of it is to do a system restore, which is a nuisance and a time waster anyway. If I boot up in safe mode the icons are smaller but there are even more of them! Help! Ernieernie

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You should have just bumped the thread to the first page by posting a reply rather than start another on the same subject. Please provide a link to your old thread so we don't go over the same ground again.

It looks like Malware have you scanned with a fully up to date Antimalware and antivirus programs?

Like this post
ernieernie

Likes # 0

Fruitbat; I did post a reply but nothing happened. I have also run Antimalware and have my virus scanner active. I must admit that I haven't done a full scan so I will make that my next job. This may take some time.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Other thread Desktop trouble

Like this post
ernieernie

Likes # 0

I have done a full scan and found nothing at all. Funny thing, The pesky interfering icons have laid low today but I don't really think they have given up!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks