We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome

Gwynedd

Likes # 0

Contemplating installing Google Chrome as my default browser, but keep reading very mixed reviews - especially issues over privacy and Google hoovering up all kinds of info about you. Any observations to help me.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

try it delete if not liked.

pros fast

cons very basic

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I have it as my default browser, it is very fast does not contain the bloat of IE and is rated as being one of, if not the most secure browser available. Give it a go you won't look back!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Been using it for ages with no problem

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I can't recommend it highly enough. 'Fast' is its main attribute. I also find it much more intuitive than IE.

Like this post
Gwynedd

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help, guys. Downloading.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Good fast browser with no print preview being it's main fault. Also doesn't actually print what you are expecting it to. If you need to print from the web at all then keep a copy of Firefox and use that when you need to print. Other than that I have no problems with it.

Like this post
yogibear

Likes # 0

OK as a rule, better the any of the IE family, but a git when (as mine has) the autofill passwords option fails. Write all your passwords/usernames down somewhere...wish I had.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

The PRINT routine is a real pain! I much prefer to have a toolbar with the usual File etc headings.

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

I tried it, but it seemed not to work too well on my machine. Don't know why, but now use Firefox as I find that some sites including PcAdvisor work alot better instead of on IE or Aol.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...