We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cheap Inkjet Cartridges

Housten

Likes # 0

I know this subject has been done to death ( probably several times! ) but I didn't use my Epsom Stylus C70+ for a couple of years so I didn't need cartridges. However I have started using it again and now I need cartridges. I have managed to find where I last got them from and they have 3 sets of the 4 colour cartridges and an additional 3 blacks, 15 cartridges in total for £23.85, including VAT and post. Is this reasonable? It does to me but not having bought any for so long I googled for ‘cheap inkjet cartridges’ and it seemed reasonable, anyone have a different supplier or point of view about this?

PS Anyone having trouble getting on to the site this morning?? I had quite a job, but, obviously, managed it!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, that is a very reasonable price. I mostly use Choice stationery compatibles for my Epson, works out at just under £2 per cartridge. I know they can be bought even cheaper, but I am happy with Choice.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

There are so many to choose from, but I use 999 inks

Like this post
kjrider

Likes # 0

I bought a cheap set of inks of Ebay for under a £5 with postage included.

KJR

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all your replies! At least it seems I appear to be getting a reasonable deal, which is all that I was hoping for!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If it's not too late, I'd caution against bulk buying of printer cartridges. I know you usually get a good deal but, in my experience, if you leave them lying around for too long, they tend to dry up and/or become slightly unreliable. I now pretty much just keep one complete set as spare. Of course, if you're constantly using the printer, it may be less of an issue.

I use Hornsea, by the way, and have found them good.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

If you have not used the printer for 2 yrs you might find any residue ink left in the machine will have dried up blocking the print heads and with Epsom printers that can be a problem as the heads are built in and not in the carts as with some other makes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......