We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Web

Bagsey

Likes # 1

Can someone please tell me what are the good points of this new page layout. I have been visiting this PCA forum for more than nine years and have had a lot of help and pleasure from it, but I have to say that the new layout is driving me away. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what is good about the new design.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Muergo Seems like you succeeded.

Have you tried copying all the text then refreshing and then paste and quickly do tick to subscribe if you want and post.

Most people on here are having to do the same thing, and there is fewer probs doing it this way.

Quick tip, if you have added formatting and links, copy everything in the editor, and after you have refreshed the page, when you paste, all the formatting is still there. This is sure to save a couple of ticks from going by.

I do not know how many of you already have worked that out but not so obvious as it sounds.

-----------------------

Has anyone also got the same prob as me with PCA Mobile site?

The prob I have is switching to full desktop version to write a post.

When viewing a thread, I have to come away from that thread to use the link to the desktop version as when on a thread, it keeps redirecting back to the mobile version of the thread page.

It is mobile safari on iPod touch 4g.

Jason.

-----------------------

This has gone on for a while now! Woof!tiring to think about! :-) ;-) lol

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

????????????????????????????????? Testing to see if these smileys work

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Oh :-(, aint work, sad I think PCA should also add the ability for pictures/smileys like alot of other forums but only for trusted users that have got a certern number of likes.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Jwarn

Personally I don't like smiley's on forums they are so annoying. Maybe that's why I like this forum so much.

You never know they may allow them eventually but not in my lifetime I hope.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Muergo I am probably duplicating this solution to 'please wait' which often appears for me. When 'please wait' shows I hit the refresh button after a while then re-post. It seems to work every time for me.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

FE has said repeatedly 'NO smileys on here, not in his reign as FE'

for which I am eternally grateful, nothing worse than having the place littered with silly faces. The text version is quite sufficient to convey meanings :)

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

muddypaws

Thanx for that, I'll give it a go next time it hangs.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I got it to work by refreshing as Jwarn had said but didn't need to copy/paste, just refresh before sending.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The fine tuning goes on.

My Posts is now fixed, but with another adjustment to come.

Times are now fixed.

Many other, less obvious, glitches have been removed or fixed. I believe that there are still a few left to be done. It's been a rough ride and a few of the weaker brethren have taken huff, but I hope that most will return in time.

Well done SJ and Crew.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Muergo

A few times it has done the same for me, but I still copy just incase, but it depends on the browser that you are using.

Safari warns that the text will be lost if I reload so I obviously copy. But lately, I am not needing to reload, even with very long texts

Jason :) ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow