We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Web

Bagsey

Likes # 1

Can someone please tell me what are the good points of this new page layout. I have been visiting this PCA forum for more than nine years and have had a lot of help and pleasure from it, but I have to say that the new layout is driving me away. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what is good about the new design.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Posted June 10, 2011 at 19:40

The site must be having 'Senior Moments'

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Good to see that date/time of posts has been sorted!

Now how about My Posts mess?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[Now how about My Posts]

Not sure there is going to be an easy fix for that or Search.

If it has taken 8 weeks to sort the date and time we are probably talking of at least another 8 weeks to get those two sorted out.

Then again maybe they are happy with the way they are.

I still do not like the Hyperlink but I suppose the days of copy and paste are over.

At least with the click here you could hover over it with the mouse pointer and it would tell you what program was getting recommended for use.This way you have to open the Hyperlink to see what it contains.

Once again I will say it looks a 100% better than the old PCA.But not as user friendly as the old version.

Now I am sure you could not write or answer a post in the old version unless you were signed in.

I get so fed up when I realise that I have typed a reply to a post only to realise that I am not signed in and if I sign in to post, whatever I have typed in gets deleted.

Like I said it may be a memory problem and it just worked the same on the old version.

And yes I know you can then copy and then paste it when you have signed in but sometimes the links come out wrong.

And yes it is my problem as I have the cookies deleted every time I close the browser.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Buteman

Which browser are you using?

I find that with Firefox and IE9 if I hover over a link it shows the URL bottom left of the screen.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Woolwell. So it does. Hadn't noticed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's the same with Opera and Chrome too.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just tried it and you are correct it does show in Firefox it was the last place that i was expecting to see it hence I never checked before,

It does not work In I/E8 for me though.

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 1

Is there way to tick a thread when a query has been answered as there was in the old site. Anyone know???

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 1

Bagsey: On the right of each Posting is a little white Oval with a grey splodge in it (It actually sort-of resembles the "Thumbs Up" which it's meant too represent).

Click on the one that most nearly represents the Solution to your Problem and a Grey Tick will appear. Click on that Tick and it will turn Green.

VoilĂ , Thread Closed

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have tried to reply from IE and FF4 to posts on Helproom and Consumerforum and been unable to send them, about five now stuck on "Please Wait" Lets see how this one goes or I shall give up bothering.

I don't have any trouble with other forums.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'