We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Web

Bagsey

Likes # 1

Can someone please tell me what are the good points of this new page layout. I have been visiting this PCA forum for more than nine years and have had a lot of help and pleasure from it, but I have to say that the new layout is driving me away. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what is good about the new design.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 1

Well I must admit, I'm getting quite annoyed by the lack of fixes applied to the site since it was changed 8 weeks ago.

PCA have managed to implement the advertisements (full screen, skyscrapers and all) because "advertising keeps the site free" and have apparently bought and implemented a new server which has made certain things faster for some, but overall the site is unwieldy and over-coded imho, certain things don't quite work properly, others don't work at all and despite lots of posts describing and complaining about all these little glitches, nothing seems to be happening wrt getting them fixed.

I have tried to point out various glitches by inserting complaints in various posts - I have just started a new thread aimed directly at "the powers that be" but it has so far been ignored, apart from a few concurring responses. This thread also reiterates them almost to the letter.

Quite honestly, I'm considering visiting less, but I have ongoing threads and like to see what is happening to them.

I'll give it another few weeks and if things don't improve I'll be off to build up a profile on another site - there are plenty out there, it's just a matter of analysing content and reliability of responses.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Migwell

[We are the customers.]I think you will find that most of us are just guests.

So far PCA have forked out £10.000 just to keep the browsing up to speed.

Add all the design work and man hours spent in administering it must have added a great deal to the £10.000.

And all we do is moan about the state of it which will not impress them,

I count myself as one of the moaners but how can they fix it if they don't get complaints for their members.

Every day someone starts a new complaint or moan as we say.

Maybe if PCA were to open a thread of their own so that everyone with any problems could air their concerns and what we think might help to improve it.

That way we would not be getting random posts about the same sort of problems.

I would think by now they must know about all of the problems that we are concerned about and are working on fixing them, I must admit the Forum is a bit of hard work at the moment the way it is.

I have noticed the FE on here between 12 and 1 O'clock so he looks like he is losing some of his beauty sleep over it.

I would have added Am or pm but I thought the beauty sleep might have given the game away.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Buteman - AM/PM :) Nice 1

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I was pulling in the right hand side of my browser to get rid of the adverts on this site, and that worked for me very well.

But since yesterday that no longer works, as there is now a gap down the left hand side which I can`t get rid of.

I think if they spent as much time on getting the forum side of this site fixed as they do with all their junk and adverts, things would be a lot better than they are now, and I think that forum users definitely take a back seat regarding any improvements, otherwise things would be better than this after all this time.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

RussB78

No gap down the leftside for me using FireFox4.

Although, I tried several times to get on PCA this morning, using IE6. I could get on, but everything was very wierd and very slow, hanging. The reason I was using 6 I've just reinstalled Windows and that's what cam with it.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

AM/PM @1345 If we all stated a thread/post by inserting the 24hr time that would be a help. I have done so on a couple of occasions.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

'Started'

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Hi Graphicool1

I use IE9 and usually that works fine for me, I have had trouble the last couple of days getting onto this site, opening threads has got slower again but not as bad as it was before they updated the server/s.

Earlier this morning this web page was going from one side to the other, and then a gap opened up on the left hand side, completely out of my control, I have to say visiting these forums used to be a pleasure, but not any longer,

I have been useing computers for well over twenty years and i do know what I am doing, by the way that gap down the left side has gone now, I guess maybe they are working on the problem, after all it can only get better? I might give that firefox 4 a try but would prefer to stay with IE9.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

RussB78/Covergirl

I have really just found this and read through the posts. However I was going to say 'take issue with you both, but that sounded 'confrontational' which is not in any way what I meant. All I have with the site is that all the adverts and other crud - down either side - stays where it is. I can not get either side to move and I am using IE9 - although 'The Great Satan' doesn't seem to believe it - with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I have looked for the the 'icons' you were talking about and either I am blind - quite likely - or I just don't have them and so can't move the web site's page's position on my screen!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

To top it all now we have three Google Text Adds right above the Post to thread Box, I am thinking I am not logged in or Page not loaded as i am forgetting to scroll to bottom of Page to get to the Box.

I know we need Adds to keep the site afloat, but its gone Barmy, I also note that we have all the glitches that's not been corrected but the Adds and Front Log in Page looks like a shiny New Car. But that's no good if you cannot get out of the Garage cos its not got a Engine in it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...