We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Web

Bagsey

Likes # 1

Can someone please tell me what are the good points of this new page layout. I have been visiting this PCA forum for more than nine years and have had a lot of help and pleasure from it, but I have to say that the new layout is driving me away. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what is good about the new design.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 1

I like the new look my only gripe is the multiple post in the my posts and they don't show times or posters just lots of N/A's but that aside I do think it is an improvement.

I think it is human nature I remember when XP was first released it got a flood of complaints and when they released Vista all the chorus was I want to revert back to XP :-)

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

By and large the site works reasonably well, but there certainly are some items that need a revisit by the originators! Hopefully, in the fullness of time, the niggles will be ironed out, but at the moment they certainly do seem to take an eternity to resolve. The new servers seem OK, though I have to say they do not seem to be any quicker than the old ones to me. Perhaps they are more stable than the old ones.

I also notice that the "Answers" seem to be less now than they were on the "old System". Is it, perchance, that fewer people are now using the site?

TonyV

PS. I should have kept my mouth shut. The first attempt at posting this missive came up with the Please wait... and died a death!! So much for stability!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you was sat at a desk all day looking at the same Desktop 24/7, i think you you would blow your brains out. Do you ever buy new furniture or Wallpaper the rooms in your house. It must be thick in muck.

Just a Joke but I think you get the point

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The main Problem with the Site was it had fell over, But seems now they have corrected the Speed Problems, Next is to get the creases out of the Pants

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

woodchip

I like the terminology!!

TonyV

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Thank's Plenty of words in the English vocabulary without Explicit words. And they still get the point over

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am very pleased to find that I am not the only person who is not happy with the new web.I used to tell everyone that used computers among my friends about the PCA forum but I have stopped doing that and I find that I only come onto the site about once a week now, where as previously I was hardly ever off it. Ah well as they say you can win them all.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

The only thing that I find better is the ability for longer titles and mor editor options. I would say that the old forum was better for smaller screens. What I wish was a feature of the new site is having more posts per page when reading threads so that you do not miss the important threads that may be on 1 of the other pages.

At the moment, it is about 10 posts per page, and would be better being about 25/30 per page It would make reading long threads much simpler, quicker, and boring as who wants to read pages and pages whilst having to keep pressing next every lot of posts.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Ok so we will get used to the new forum in time! We are the customers of PCA, and the customer is always right or so we are told.

So come on PCA and give the customer what he or she wants, that is the old stile forum back. The previous design was better than the majority of other forums on the net, and how I for one wished that they would all copy our previous design. Instead of us having to follow their rubbish, after all we were the leaders were we not?

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

RussB7 I think what buteman meant was when you've got the page resized (to hide the adverts), using the "Maximise" and "Restore Down" buttons can switch between full screen and your modified size with one click. Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...