We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TFT monitor not switching on properly

CurlyWhirly
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've not long had my TFT monitor replaced after it developed a screen fault as mentioned in this thread.

It's working okay with no sign of the pesky vertical lines that plagued the other monitor but it has developed a problem when either the screensaver kicks in (I've now disabled the screensaver) or when the PC is first booted up.

The problem is that the monitor doesn't switch itself on even though I haven't changed any settings of any kind and yes the monitor's power light is on - it's green when in standby mode.

What should happen is that the monitor should detect a display signal from the PC's graphics card and switch itself on.

I can eventually get the monitor's screen to work by switching the monitor on and off a few times but it's a pain having to do this all the time !

Does anyone know what could be wrong as I've never had this problem with the old monitor i.e. the monitor with the vertical line problem that has now been replaced.

I really don't want to ring Dell up again as it's barely a fortnight since I had the monitor replaced under Dell's 3 year on-site warranty !

Any advice?

Cheers.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It should be cvered buy a warranty if they changed it, I would ring them

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

woodchip, yes it is covered by a 12 month guarantee but I don't really want to bother Dell again as they might think I'm a problem customer !

It's not as much of a problem as I used to have with the vertical lines and it now only happens when I first switch the PC on as I've disabled the screensaver which used to switch the monitor off after 30 minutes if no key or mouse button is pressed.

I can live with the problem if there's no solution ;)

Cheers.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

That's why they give a warranty. Its there for your protection and there name. so I think they would rather you be satisfied customer, with your equipment than not tell them or Grumble that may be its of poor quality.

Like this post  
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

woodchip, okay I'll ring them again tomorrow.

Cheers mate :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite