We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unstable toolbar

brindly

Likes # 0

I have been using Microsoft Office Word for the past 3 years plus and developed the mini toolbar to hold thasauras, envelope printing etc. Saturday I experienced the loss of my internet connection which with the help if the isp was sorted. They asked if we might have had a power surge? the only thing I can recall was my laptop which is on tne sam internet connection suddenly went haywire with pages loading over each other and the mouse pointer rouming all over the screen on its own volition. Anyway I later went to use Word on my desktop only to find the main toolbar not visible unless i pressed one of the headings, when it appeared it covered the mini bar and |I can't get them both together without the main one covering the mini toolbar. Any idea's

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

Solved the problem myself. Just for future reference in case someone else has this problem. On the Quick Access Toolbar click tag, you get a dropdown menu untick Minimize the Ribbon. I don't know why it suddenly became ticked but there you go, computers are strange things.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...