We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copying User names

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

In the old forum you could copy and paste the forum members name if you wanted to reply specifically to them - useful for those with symbols as well as letters in theie "handle". This does not work now - is there a way of doing it?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

link text

1: http://john bunyan

This is one way - I highlighted your name then clicked on Edit>Paste, then clicked on World-Globe icon, then pasted in the resultant window, and OK'd.

Another way is just to type in the name and then highlight it and click on the Bold icon under 'Reply to this topic'

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

john bunyan oops, first way did not work, this is via the second way I mentioned above.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not at the moment .Not sure if it is one of the fixes that still has to be done.

There is still quite a few problems that still have to be resolved since starting the new Browser.

Hmm maybe I am getting mixed up you could click on the e-mail icon at one time but that does not work now.

So not sure if that is what you mean.

Like I said still quite a few problems to sort out the higher up the list the sooner it will be done.All we need is a list.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry got it wrong you can still copy and paste a name if that is what you mean.

just a plain copy and paste. john bunyan

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I can also copy and paste forum names. On IE9.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Left click and drag to highlight it then right click and Copy, then Paste wherever you want it to be.

john bunyan

Highlight and click on the 'B' if you want it in Bold

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Nothing has changed.

Highlight the name and copy it. Then paste it into your post as before.

What you can't do is highlight a name and drag it into the new post, which you could do before. If you try it with this version it won't work, you'll end up with a link to the other person's profile.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Not looked, all I do is highlight the Name right click and copy then Paste in box from a right click. What's hard about that

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That doesn't work for me, I am unable to highlight the name so I can't copy it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

lotvic - I find that the only way I can highlight the name is by dragging right to left instead of the normal left to right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'