We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Start up problem

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Not sure if it is the On switch or what.

Start the computer and sometimes it takes ages to start the small circle you see when starting up stops and starts a barely turns and it takes ages for the computer to get everything started.Even then it is so slow opening pages the only thing to do is restart the computer then it normally boots up fine.

I think it may be the switch that is faulty if you push it in firmly and hold it till you hear the bleeps it starts Ok.

It is only about 3 months old but have had the problem since new.

It is no big problem as it only happens occasionally but was wondering if anyone new anything that would make it do this so that I can get it sorted.

It is a Medion Akoya P5315 D [MD8351] so the booklet says.W/7 64Bit.

At start up one bleep followed by two others.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the free taxi service to members of the family has been in force.

I have moved and reseated the memory with still the same results so I would think it rules the memory out.

Just wondering if it could be a faulty hard drive although it works fine most of the time.

Sometimes when you reboot after windows or other updates it reboots in slow motion so not sure what the cause is.I suppose as it reboots itself you don't need to press the start button so I would think that would rule out the start button as being faulty.

northumbria61 will have a look through your Links and see if I can find anything.

And RussB78 there is always that option if I need to use it .Thanks.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

You could download,burn and boot with this memtest this will give your ram a thorough workout. You did not mention what happened if you booted with just one stick of RAM.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just the same with one stick of ram.Tried both one at a time.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

3 months old don't muck about with it as you may invalidate your warranty. Only thing with Medion is that they now send them back to Germany for repair so be prepared to wait several weeks before you see it again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

canarieslover

I am not that desperate to get it fixed it only happens about once or twice a week so will wait and see what develops.

It is not getting any worse or better at the moment just a bit annoying when you know something is wrong.

gengiscant I can't download that at the moment my Grand Daughter has used up all of my Cd's.I have a few DVd's but they will not be any good.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

canarieslover

As the problem is intermittent they may not find the problem and send it back the way it is. So best waiting for it to develop.You get a 3 year warranty with them so no mad rush at the moment.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You might find it goes all the way to China as Lenovo have bought Medion link text

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Just read it myself on northumbria61's Link and was about to post it on here but you beat me to it.

Any ideas as to what could be causing my problem.

It has a Multi card reader on it and not sure if that could be the problem with the 2 bleeps. I don't want to mess about inside as this one looks a bit more complicated than some of the older computers that I have had.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert