We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help unable to stream videos from Windows media player to my PS3!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to u all. I have a windows 7 64 bit desktop, and i'm attempting to stream my videos including soem family videos from my external usb drive which is connected to my desktop, to my ps3 but i'm having all sorts of problems!!!! I've followed vidoes on youtube but i'm still having issues!!

When i go to windows media player.....and click om turn on media straming...my show devices is BLANK!!!!! so i cannot proceed. It then said somewhere on a youtube video..so go to start,....then type in services,..and look for windows media player,.....well windows media player does NOT seem to show under my sercies, so i seem to be totally stuck. Any suggestions please???

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hello everyone and good evening...sorry its taken me ages to respond, just got back from work and SORRY that I also posted this in another post as well....but i was hoping to get a solution anyway.

Okay here we go....when I open windows media player,....and clikc on stream, and then automatically allow devices to play my media, and then I clik on automatically all all computers and media devices,..... This is where my problems start from: It then says choose media streaming options for computers and devices, BUT the name your media library box is BLANK!!!! And the show your devices box is BLANK!!!!

From vides that ive seen on youtube ut is meant to give me the option to find the library!!!! so from here i just give up..... Any help would be appreciated!!!! I have Kaspersky pure, but i dont think that my kaspersky firewall is the problem!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad