We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

recommend router high open connections without freezing

wardy277

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have been looking for a new router as my current one has packed in. I am mostly interested in a router with a fast and stable wifi and high throughput which can manage a high amount of maximum simultaneous connections. The linksys e4200 seems perfect and very well reviewed.

I am currently on adsl, no cable in area, so i would need one to have an adsl modem. Is there a version with a modem? Or will i need to look around for another?

I am mainly interested in throuput and the reviews and comparison sites sugest that linksys seems perfect midway between max simultaneous connections and price

Does anyone know of a comparison website that has adsl routers. The information am looking for on that's between £60 and £160 with high amount of ram, high throuput for Maximum Simultaneous Connections, similar to link text

Like this post
dawood

Likes # 0

Linksys E4200 wireless router could be used to connect to ADSL modem, so no problem if you want to use it. In addition, you could also have a look on other wireless routers here.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
wardy277

Likes # 0

Can you explain a bit more about connecting it to an adsl modem. Would this have any side effects. Like the router throuput being limited by the modem. Can you recommend any stable modem or will any do? If so, will my cheap adsl modem be used as a modem 'bridge'

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...