We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any Printers that take Canon BNCi24 Cartridges

Bargee

Likes # 0

Hiya,

I know this is probably a silly question, but you never know your luck.

Are there any current inkjet printers that will take the Canon BCi24 ink cartridges? My Pixma ip2000 has finally filled its "drip tray", won't print anymore & as you can't fix it, I've been left with about a dozen new cartridges

Any ideas apart from selling them on ebay?

Cheers.

Like this post
Bob Exeter

Likes # 0

Go to Google. Enter the canon cartridge details and connect to 999 inks.

This site will give details of Canon printers that can use your particular cartridge.

Bob Exeter.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I don't know a lot about the canon printer, however if you can see the drip tray ( but cannot open it -I assume), there may be a way to fix it.

If you have an ink refill kit availale do the following.

If you can actually see the ink in the tray, get an empty syringe,pust the plunger right down, place it in the ink tray and slowly pull the plunger up. Ths will draw some ink away from the tray and should enable you to get some more life from the printer.

If you cannot see the ink, but know where it is , you will have to drill a small hole (2mm)in the top of the tray and place the syringe in that

Terry

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

Thanks Terry & Bob.

Bob, that was a great idea, but unfortunately all those listed seem to be unavaiable except as used, so that still could be a possibility.

Terry, the "drip tray" is actually the waste ink absorber & when this is full, you can clean the thing out & it won't make any difference. You can remove & reinstall the printer & it won't make any difference. The darn thing simply will not print once you get this waste ink absorber full message. Total pain.

The only thing I can do is ask the ink supplier if they'll do an exchange for cartridges I can use.

Cheers anyway.

Like this post
Digital

Likes # 0

Bargee, have you looked at http://www.printerproblemsolved.co.uk/index.php?model_id=92&maker=Canon&model=PIXMA%20iP2000#49?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I have a HP printer with a prolem similar to that and I had to reset the internal counter

On my printer, I had to turn it off, press and hold the right menu button and enter, then switch on, after the first 'Beep' release the buttons and the system was reset (counter back to Zero) and the printer worked again. Could yours be asimilar roblem ?

I have found this solution, however I do not know if it works or not.

link text

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do