We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wi-fi network & Samsung Galaxy Tab

JoeC

Likes # 0

I have a home network set up with a BT Homehub 2. In the past, my daughter has connected wirelessly to the hub on her laptop and netbook. They were visible under "My Computer" then "Network". This allowed her to pass some of her photos over to me and vice versa.

She now has a Samsung Galaxy Tab and, whilst this connects wirelessly to my hub and she can use the connection to browse the internet etc, it is not visible under "network". This means we cannot move files over anymore.

If I go into the hub properties I can see it listed as Unknown Device. I have tried using different wireless channels (as advised by BT) but this has not made the slightest difference.

Anyone able to help me out please?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Not possible without a Third Party app installed on the Galaxy Tab.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes