We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to uninstall a game (or three)

Armchair

Likes # 0

Running Windows XP. I cannot uninstall Delta Force Black Hawk Down. When I try to (either from All Programs or Add Or Remove Programs), with no other applications running, I get an error message

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002

Any idea how I can uninstall this game?

Also, I have a couple of unwanted entries on my Add Or Remove Programs list. They're both left-overs from old games. When I try to remove them one of them does nothing, and the other one informs me that the file doesn't exist or is not a valid uninstallation log file. Any idea how I can get rid of those two?

Cheers.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes start in safe Mode then try Tapping F5 or F8 as PC starting

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

left-overs from old games Write Down the Exact Title the Start Regedit by going to Run and type Regedit, click on the PC icon at top left to select where to start, now go to Edit in the Menu click on Find the type what you have written down and press enter remove what it finds then press F3 this will go to next do this until you come to the end of the registry. exit and reboot it should be gone

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......