We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No sata drivers

sputnick

Likes # 0

I am now tearing my hair out, I have built a new system using Gigabyte Mobo sata hard drive and sata dvd drive. I have tried to install Windows 7 64 bit O/S and I get to the screen where I have to accept terms etc, put in time and date but when I get to the windows Instal page it cant find drivers so it cant locate the C drive to install. I have tried every file on the mobo instal disk but none will be accepted. I`ve tried copying the files to USB stick and load from there but still no luck. In the bios it recognises both sata devices but seems like without W7 finding the drivers it wants I`m not getting anywhere. Even tried new drivers from Gigabyte site but still not recognised. I`ve spoke to tech ay CCL where I got the components but they are at a loss>

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Windows will not find the drives if you have not enabled ACHI or raid in the BIOS

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

The tech guy just got back to me and we think the problem has been solved by getting to a comand prompt during setup and ende up doing a drive clean Sata has to be set up in bios as sata controler and IDE. I`m going to ask for the full breakdown of the comand prompt procedure as post it on this site as soon as I can.

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

As last posted, this procedure worked first time.

Using Diskpart to help Windows install if installation cant find drivers for sata disk

Insert the DVD into the DVD drive. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt (CMD) window opens. Method 8: Use the Diskpart.exe utility to clean the disk, and then run Windows Setup again If you have tried all the methods that are listed in this section and the problem persists, use the Diskpart.exe utility to clean the disk, and then run Windows Setup again.

Note Use this method only if you want to perform a clean installation of Windows. When you clean the hard disk, it is formatted. All partitions and all data on the hard disk are permanently removed. We strongly recommend that you back up the files on the hard disk before you clean the disk.

To use the Diskpart.exe utility to clean the hard disk, follow these steps: Insert the DVD into the DVD drive. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window opens. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed. Type sel disk number, and then press ENTER. number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the diskpart tool. Close the Command Prompt window. Click the Refresh button to update the disk selection screen. This step lists the disk. Run Windows Setup to perform a clean installation of Windows.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015