We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

C:\WINDOWS\SYSNATIVE\MSFEEDSSYNC.EXE

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I had Emisoft Anti Malware ignore this thinking it was a Microsoft product but Emisoft has it down as a Trojan Dropper.

I have changed the rules to always block but cannot seem to find any information about it.

None of my other security programs find any problems.

Anyone any idea as to whether I should allow or deny it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Secret-Squirrel

I have to agree with you Emisoft used to be very bad for false positives but you very seldom get any now and if you do get any they are repaired in the next update.I can't remember the last time I had any.

Regarding Incredimail I find it hard to believe that they were false positives as it went on for so long and if I installed Incredimail today I bet I would still get the Trojan warnings.

Now the problem is you can get Emisoft to ignore Incredimail and carry on or like me just worrying in case it was a Security problem.

Not only that the new versions of Incredimail were not as user friendly as the older version so I suppose that was also a factor in me removing it.

I was toying with the idea of installing it again but have not made my mind up yet.

As for Emisoft I would recommend it to anyone just stop the constant pop ups and it runs very smoothly and stops bad sites instantly.

Regarding updates from Microsoft I will just have to wait and see if I get any problems if so it is easily fixed.

Just tried Windows update and that seems to be working ok so will have to wait and see.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

After a bit more investigation it looks like it is indeed a Microsoft application for updating Feeds on I/E7 and I/E8.

As I mainly use Firefox I will leave it blocked at the moment and allow if I ever use I/E8 again.

Many thanks for all help but will class as resolved now as I know what the problem is and how to sort it.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

What Emisoft thinks about Incredimail.link text

Like you say probably false positives but it makes you think.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Is blocker as just said what it is, as i said Spyware that works like a Trojan

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Its delivered it pay load to send info back home

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......