We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is Tesco.net down today?

Debe

Likes # 0

Can't get into my e-mail account today :( Thanks!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The site is Ok if you are using Firefox use I/e as firefox is rather pathetic for me this morning.

http://www.tesco.net/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like I/E is not much better

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

I'm using Google Chrome, but it wouldn't fire up on IE either! thanks.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Might have something to do with their beer offer Tesco offer

Like this post
A. Muse

Likes # 0

Just posted this on another thread (Posted Jun 2 '11 at 8:14)Hope it helps

Had a similar problem trying to download e-mails from tesco.net via talk talk broadband since last night.

After help from a friend the problem was solved by changing the MTU on the broadband router from the default 1500 to 1432. Don't know if this will help.

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

Thanks I am using pipex which is talk talk I think, problem is I don't have a clue what an MTU is or how I would change it- could you advise me please (a kind of help for dummies would do !) Thanks :)

Like this post
A. Muse

Likes # 0

I am a dummy on the PC which is why I sought help.

As far as I can tell, you access the router via your web browser, IE, firefox or whatever, by typing in the address of the router instead of the http bit - something like 192.168.1.1 and hitting enter.

This should display some router settings - if 192 etc. does not work refer to the manual for the router to get the address.

Then work through the menus to the advanced one where a setting for the MTU will be displayed. You may need a password to get in - on my router admin in both boxes did the trick.

Hope someone else can give fuller help to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK