We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Plinking Noise/Instant Off

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have had problems all day with my Laptop my nerves are raw.

I removed FF 3.6.7 via Revo-un-instaler.

Then reloaded FF version 4 for Windows UK and the problems started. Now running FF V4. I did it this way as the update from 3.6 to 4 just didnt load properly today or in the past.

I am getting a constant plink plink noise in background every 5 min since FF 4 loaded. Laptop speakers are Off.

I want to remove instant search also I want 100 search page and not 10.

I have looked on Google but totally out of my head now and this blasted plinking sound.

OS Vista. Prefer old FF 3.6.7 but cannot get it back. I have tried for 2 hours so now stuck with 4 and plinking sound.

My backup is Opera.

IE will not and never has run on this LT from new now 30 months old now.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Old version of FF here

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Thank you Fruit Bat /\0/\ you have now sorted all PC related problems.

Now the embarrassing part the plinking was from my new mobile phone in need of charging that was behind the Laptop screen.

It was just a coincidence it started while FF 4 was loading.
It’s the first time I have heard it bleep for a charge up.

My apologies to any one who read the thread and looked for a probable causes to the none existent PC related problem.

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Now the embarrassing part the plinking was from my new mobile phone in need of charging that was behind the Laptop screen.

Thanks that given me a good chuckle this morning :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...