We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not Many New Thread

woodchip

Likes # 0

Or posts These last few days, as it gone to dogs. No need for long winded document but would like to hear from some real people.

Having a Real problem creating this thread as it will not load either

By and By, they have just discovered a Cannabis farm, next door but one to where I live. Never smelt anything like it,he payed up front in cash for the house about 5 weeks ago so he must have been bring stuff in by night. I thought we was free of that kind of stuff up hear, they have got him by the way. and clearing it at this very moment in time

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Totally off thread, but I spent some time flying helicopters in Belize. One of the jobs was to take members of the Belizian Defence Force out to cannabis fields to burn the crop. On one occasion, when I returned, they'd all been standing downwind of the burning crop. You can imagine the state they were in!

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

Out here in Brittany where I live the Custom's helicopters fly over all summer. The trick is to grow cannabis in the centre of maize fields which are nigh on impenetrable! Hence the flyovers!

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 1

I find the present version of the forum much less user friendly than the old one. All the hassle required now to put in a link puts me off posting if an answer requires one. Please can we go back to the old system where you simply copied and posted links and the 'click here' magically appeared with your text.

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

That's why you are so sprightly at 75 woodchip, when the wind was in the right direction. :-)

Yes posts all through PCA are drying up. The amount of resolved posts are also falling. I think most helpers are giving up. Especially when the holy trinity jump on you for replying. Not much incentive for new or old members to post a query.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I am spending more time in other parts of the site like Consumer Watch and Speakers Corner. That's when PCA is working it went down not long ago, was getting the Page error Site not working

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

I spend a bit of time in speakers corner but it's hardly worth posting. Every one, bar 2, are not allowed any opinion unless it cow tows to the favourites.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Well with Speakers corner I am wary of not getting into Arguments, as views differ that much on subjects, depending on what it is

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 1

The 'new' forums webpage has deterred me from reading posts. The threads listed are well behind what has actually been posted.

There seem to be fewer posts of interest, for some reason. I sometimes do find very interesting threads in Speakers Corner. As n47 mentions, posting can be daunting.

I used to check out the forum frrequently and regularly before it was changed to this new format but I have to say I don't find it as inviting, or interesting since the change.

Like most things, ie inserting a ling, it's easy when you know how. However, I didn't have any difficulty with the previous format. Had to post for instructions on this format, even though, now I know, it's actually quite straight forward. Obviously, this new format is not as intuitive.

Would like to hope that the forum picks up again soon, whatever the reason for the current situation.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I must be in the minority as I like the new format, yes the link insertion is a bit more complex but it allows you to insert a title rather than just the "Click Here"

I too know what you mean about posting in speakers corner in general.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

The lack of posts is the reason I have started a couple of recent threads in Speaker's Corner.

If anyone doesn't like them, please say so and I'll stop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance