We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this a good deal? Dell XPS 17 3D i7-2630QM 2.00 GHz 1.0TB Dual HDD memory @ £950

citypark2008

Likes # 0

Can any computer expert tell me if this is a good deal and worth to buy. My sister will buy me a laptop from US and send it to me in UK. It's Dell XPS 17 with 3D. The spec is as below

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GH Genuine Windows® Home Premium, 64-Bit, English 1.0TB 500GB 7.2k HDD x 2 (Dual HDD 500GB+500GB) JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3 + Creative SoundBlaster X-FI MB 1.2 17.3" FHD (1080p) 3D Display with 2.0MP HD Webcam & Facial Recognition (it's new way for security. no more finger print) NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 550M 1GB graphics Tray Load Blu-ray® Triple Writer (reads and writes CDs, DVDs, BDs)

This costs about £860 after any voucher code and discount. So it would be around £950 including delivery to UK.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good laptop with high spec and worth to buy? or I can find cheaper one with the same spec?

Please give me a comment so I can decide if I should buy it or not. I know it's expensive but I think I cannot find this spec in UK with this price.

Thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...