We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Continuous beeps

Hetti
Resolved

Likes # 0

After checking memory was seated properly and motherboard and DVD/CD drives were secure (as Ive been having intermittent boot up problems) I treid to start PC again and its giving a intermittent beep and both drives DVD and CD are showing green lights. The PC does not boot and the beep continues.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

"I tried to remove the large twenty pin connector from the motherboard but it will not move, I see there is a little lever thing on the side and I thought I would need to press on that to release it but I cannot do it, I'm afraid to do it with more force in-case I break it. Any ideas please?"

Omit the above I have managed to remove it.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Just tried the link and find it is not working on my PC

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Lots of linkes here try one of the videos

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

OK All I have started the job and almost finished but find i'm left with a small plug with four round holes (between the hard drive and floppy drive) (tube like shape)and two flat/narrow plugs one about 5/6 inches below the other.Dont know if they are supposed to be connected somewhere.

I tried to be careful and do like for like but I must have messed up somewhere.

I did have two spare plugs on the old PSU . Can anyone help please?

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

I did the job but find Im left with a small plug that has four round holes that is between the hard drive and floppy drive. The other two are flat narrow plugs one is about four inches above the other on the cable, where do these go? I did have two spares plugs on old PSU but wanted to ask someone before I proceed.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I would try the PC with Side off, it will not hurt it with the Plugs off. If it does not start they may need fitting, but as its another PSU the plugs may be for fitting into a Upgraded Graphics Card etc so not to worry but try starting it, with them detached

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

This is the third time Ive tried to post this but posts don't appear, I must be doing something wrong. I started the PSU replacement but find Im left with three plugs, one is a four tube like shaped plug above hard drive the other two are flat and narrow,and are about 5/6 inches apart on the cable I had two spares on old PSU but want to check with you all to see if they need to go somewhere.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

ok the PC starts but on first screen I get "keyboard error or no keyboard present" I have a logitec cordless keyboard and have changed batteries and went through the "connect to one anther procedure" but still get the same message. I dont have a corded keyboard to try that.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Oh my I feel so stupid, the USB lead for the keyboard was not in fully, its fine now. PC seems to be working OK so do I need to worry about the spare plugs?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If its all up and running then don't worry.

All engineers know that after any repair there should always be something left over that you can't remember where it should go :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......