We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Continuous beeps

Hetti
Resolved

Likes # 0

After checking memory was seated properly and motherboard and DVD/CD drives were secure (as Ive been having intermittent boot up problems) I treid to start PC again and its giving a intermittent beep and both drives DVD and CD are showing green lights. The PC does not boot and the beep continues.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks all

Thanks for all the help and your patience I feel good that Ive managed (with your help) to solve the problem.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Glad to see you got there in the end, See First PC repair Job done and not as hard as you thought it would be

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

To avoid any possibility of shorting, it's worth using little plastic tie-wraps to secure spare leads to the main harness.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

woodchipone that thanks

Your right.... it was not as hard as I thought it would be and I feel pleased with myself, lol

onthelimit

Done that thanks!

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Hi all

Having some probs with this PC now,

It worked fine for a few days then it started failing to boot, It was getting as far as the blue progress bar then freezing, If I closed it down and tried again it booted at about the third attempt. But yesterday it was getting to the screen where the progress bar appears (but no blue progress bar appeared) it froze. This is what happens every time I try to start PC. So I thought I would try reinstalling win Vista, the PC says its "loading files" then the progress bar appears but its same as before no blue progress line and it freezes there.

Maybe I should call it a day with this PC! but I went this far and feel I want to try to fix it (with your help).

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Looks like you now have problems with the Hard Drive, This will be a Result of your other Problem and the computer not being closed down properly. Disc as some corruption or bad sectors. If you can get to windows, try it in safe mode then do a Disc Scan for the Problem to be fixed. Double Click My Computer then right click C:\Properties/Tools auto Fix faults do a full scan

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

woodchip

Thanks cannot get into windows, if I click safe mode (or any other of the options listed) I get the same result ... frozen on progress bar.

I'm going out now will get back late afternoon and check back here.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try downloading Seatools from Seagate to check your drive out

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

Copy and paste the above into your address bar then press enter

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Or click hear on the blue link

link

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

woodchip I just tried the PC and it booted no problem (driving me barmy) I ran a chkdsk and it reported nothing , is that the same as the "Double Click My Computer then right click C:\Properties/Tools auto Fix faults do a full scan"

I will do that tonight also the Seagate scan before I turn it off just in-case it don't start tomorrow.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED