We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can i increase MP3's volume in any way?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i have recently bought a Philips mp3 player and the volume of the mp3s it plays seem to vary quite a lot. Actual mp3s i have downloaded are almost loud enough (i work in a factory) but the recordings i have made using Audacity are not loud enough to hear.

I have the volume turned up to full on the mp3 player but wondered if there is any software that can increase the volume on mp3s?

Thank you in advance- B

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Ps- Also, is there a specification that i can view on other mp3 players to determine which ones are louder than others?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I would say not, also if you play these through earphones the Player will have a "built in Volume limiter To cover them," so it does not damage your ears. You could however play it through a Speaker Amp that is made for these things like Ipod Doc etc

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thanks Woodchip, unfortunately that definitely would not be loud enough, that was the beauty of using earphones you see. Blast!

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

You could try something like this

Normalise MP3

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why not link it to a Geto Blaster

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Yes, this is a question I would appreciate an answer to as well.

I appreciate the need not to have loud music via earphones and I'm not wanting the volume loud enough to do damage. I am a bit deaf in one ear; little/no useful hearing in t'other (had surgery) so I do struggle to hear via the one earphone (obviously record in mono now! ;) ).

I tend to listen to Classical music and similar, not the 'head banging' stuff and am not expecting the volume to compete with a noisy environment.

I find that both the CD's that I rip, or music/songs recorded via Audacity are certainly of lower volume (uniformly), in spite of input being at maximum. I have to say, I only have the necessary volume to hear, not to blast myself! My hearing is precious to me!

So, is there a way to increase the recording volume? It would be useful if there was a solution. I do enjoy music and am not too happy that I am getting to the situation that I can't use my MP3 much longer. I have Sony Walkman.

Alternatively, does anyone know if there is a method of listening to MP3 player via hearing aid, instead of earphone? Now, that would be brilliant :)

Thanks very much

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

BTW My intention is to promote this topic, not to hijack it. Hope I've not stepped on toes?

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

MP3 gain should help you can set the volume up or down and do all your tracks in one go

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/software/106486/mp3gain-review/

Fortunately, there's a simple remedy: MP3Gain, an oldie-but-goodie utility that equalises MP3 volume levels. It does so by modifying the appropriate metadata of each file so that music software and portable players know what the volume should be. Fortunately, it makes no changes to the actual music contained within each MP3, so there's no loss of sound quality.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why not put your music on CD then play it through the TV dvd player It should do MP3 so you can get a lot on a plain cd

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Around again- No problem at all. Plus i hope you found that mp3 Gain is a brilliant help- Thank you HXP!!!

Woodchip- thanks for the suggestions but they had to be for my mp3 player at work you see, not at home. Mp3 Gain is excellent (although not incredibly simple, i found)!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September