We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installation of card reader

Mack1

Likes # 0

I run WinXP Home with IE8.I have purchased a LOGIK card reader which has a USB cable.I connect the cable to the reader and plug into a USB port.It shows a green light to show connection and should show a flashing green light when transferring data.I put an XD Picture Card into the reader but I can`t get it to transfer data.Can anyone tell me the basic steps I should be taking to make the reader active?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

First did you put the card in the right way up. look at connections inside the slot. If you did a small windows should pop up on how you want to open photos docs music. to find the drive you can double click my Computer, or Press Win Key with the Flag on it Plus E key, this starts Windows Explorer removable drive letters for different slots down on the left. Make sure when you plug the reader in that Windows loads drivers for it, this should show as a Icon with a Green Arrow near the Clock in System tray

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Is the xD card capacity greater than the card reader can cope with. I bought a card reader some years ago to read xD cards when I had a small capacity card, when I bought a much larger xD card I had to buy a new card reader that could cope with the larger capacity cards.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

You haven't actually said whether you can view the photos on the card through the reader. I assume not.

When you connected the reader to the PC for the first time, did you get the usual "installing device driver software" or not?

I presume also you do not get the Autorun box when you insert the xD card, in which case I would take the reader back to the shop and ask them to test it.

If that is not possible (e.g. Argos) take it to a friends or a computer shop - just ask them to plug it in to check whether it works for them or not.

(I bought a multi card reader from £land and it didn't work. Not wanting to kick up a fuss over a £, I bought another. I found it was a faulty usb cable supplied with the first one. I too got a light, but no connection to the card.)

Like this post
Mack1

Likes # 0

Thankyou people for advice and suggestions.Actually when I ran the reader for the first and subsequent times there was no reaction whatsoever.No icon in the System Tray,no indication of drivers being installed and not a photo to be seen. I have now taken it back to the shop and accepted a refund.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...