We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I Pad 2

altens

Likes # 0

I am having problems setting up my I Pad 2 to receive emails and web searching. When I try to connect to my By Openworld Yahoo account I get this message, The IMAP server "apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding.Check your network connection and that you entered the correct the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field" Any helpful sugestions out there?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

What you may have done is missed the set up part for User Name & Password. Go to Settings> Mail COntacts Calendars> click on your email address showing in Accounts> The key board pops up> put it down (Key bottom right) and check that User Name and Password are correctly entered in the part that was hidden by the keyboard.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

If that is not the answer. You should also look at your SMTP settings, and make sure WiFi is set to "On" also that your email account is set to "On" "Fetch new data is set "Push" is ON

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I do hope you solved your problem, it would be nice to know how to help others with similar problems.

Like this post
altens

Likes # 0

Still having the same problem logging on to my BT Openworld account. I have contacted BT and I am waiting for their response. (assuming they do respond). Getting to the stage now when I feel like throw my i pad in to the bin

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing