We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free image back up program(which one?)

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks I'm looking to download a free image backup program to backup my whole C drive(including OS).I'm going to be backing up the image to a western digital external drive but the internal drive in my computer is a maxtor drive.I'm just wondering which is the correct one to download and if anyone can give a link please?Thank you.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Acronis WD Edition

Macrium Reflect Free

Easeus Todo Backup

I mostly use Macrium or Easeus. Alternate images.

Sorry you'll have to Google for downloads.

Don't forget to make their respective boot CD/DVDs

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

for w7 use it own

for xp use

macrium

link text

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

It's for XP pro,so would Macrium be my best bet?I've really no experience at all when it comes to cloning my drive.I've always just backed my documents up but never actually cloned my drive or my OS.It says there's a linux rescue CD with Macrium.Is this what I would use to boot back to windows incase of failure?If anyone could tell me how to be able to boot up windows xp again from the clone if it failed that would be much appreciated.Thanks folks!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

all you need to know on macrium which is ok for your xp. follow this tutorials

link text

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This the one you need

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119

Copy and paste the link into your Browser address bar then press enter

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'