We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB Mass storage needs updating

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

link text looks like my USB Mass storage device needs updating.

Ran a USB update from Medion this morning but it looks like it does not cover the Mass USB Storage device.

Anyone any idea as to how I can get the proper update.

Medion MS-7713 According to SIW.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hard a very hard job opening this thread and gave up last night as it would not download.

Anyone else having problems opening a new thread.

I should have added as far as I know this computer has USB3 installed in it if that makes any difference.

Gets a bit confusing where to look.AMD.MSI.Realteck

As far as I can remember I did run a scan from MSI and it found no problems.

So not sure where I would find the proper update.

getting worse as I am getting older.

Anyone point me in the right direction.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Highlight it right click select properties, what does the error message say?

You can try reinstalling or updating drivers.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ this is what it says.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I try updating it and it says it already has the best update

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Any help here? Medion drivers

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I deleted the driver and rebooted and this is the message i get.

link text

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant.

Yes I downloaded usb drivers from there this morning but did not find one for the USB mass storage device but found the other USB ones.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just a thought. This computer also has 4 compartments for entering different size memory cards and I am sure they used to show in my computer.but not any more.?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

USB mass storage usually means an external drive of some sort, be it harddrive or USB stick etc. Are you running Windows 7? Have you tried rolling back your drivers? Have you tried Windows update?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

That is what your mass storage device problem is referring to, if your pc came with a Motherboard disk you will be able to reinstall the drivers from it.If not get the card reader driver from Medion.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Although I had an external drive I have not used it on this machine nor any usb devices but just wondering if my son has used it at any time for his USB memory stick.

I have never tried a memory card in it before so just tried my camera one and nothing appears so looks like something to do with that.

I did get 2 discs with the computer so will have a look for them but not 100% sure of what to download from them.Obviously drivers.Do I just choose all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...