We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

emachines 3220

LEEDASH

Likes # 0

Hi all i was given a emachines 3220 pc tower,im a pc amateur so inside look alien to me.I would like to get this up and running,ive noticed there is no hd and there is a ribbon type wire with black type slide connector,er not connected to any thing ?? so has or can i obtain a guide,with pics of course to see what exactly is missing ? thank all

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The ribbon cable is for the Hard Drive, its a ATA and if you look its not a slide connection but got pin holes on one side this is what connects to the drive. Plus there should be what is called a Moler connection this is a for pin connection socket that powers the drive and only connects one way if you take another look at the ribbon you should see that the ribbon as a red tracer wire on one edge this connect to the Hard Drive with the Red next to the Above power plug. There may be other things wrong with the PC did you get any info about it, you will also need a Operating System CD to load before you can put any software on it to run it.

This is what I would do before going further with the PC. If you know some one who will create a Live Linux CD for you, you can boot and run the PC without a Hard Drive this will tell you if the PC is any good before spending on it.

Free Linux Live CD can be downloaded from hear

You need a Desktop Insulation

http://www.livecdlist.com/

Copy and Paste the above into a Browser Address Bar then press enter for the list of Linux Operating System's

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

PATA hard drive User Manual with fitting instructions click here

Youtube Video here

Like this post
LEEDASH

Likes # 0

Hi,can i fit this Hard drive it had a ide connector ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded