We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson printer won't print

matthewowl

Likes # 0

I have a Epson Stylus Photo R240. It wasn't used for a few weeks so I wasn't surprised when trying to print and little or no ink ending up on the page. I've put in new cartridges (cheapo ones but they're normally OK for me) and run the "Clean Print Head" function numerous times. There are no error messages but still very little ink is getting on the page. Is there anything anyone can suggest?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

It is possible the print head(s) is(are) blocked. There are three ways around this, the first is to do as you have done and leave the ink from the new cartridges to 'soak' through - it will eventually clean the heads: two is to buy a cleaner cartridge and follow the instructions - again this may take some time: three is to manually clean using a syringe and plastic tube or soaking with water. A search on Google will provide many hits e.g. link text

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Hi,

Ensure that the cables are properly connected; you need to ensure that your printer is properly connected, and plugged in, and also the cable is accurately connected to the computer as well.

Check the power; make sure that the printer’s power is switched on, ensure that all the computer necessary computer components are also turned on.

Make sure that the hardware is properly plugged in, and also turned on. Apply troubleshooting.

A troubleshooter is a tool, which is generated automatically and which can easily fix the problems that occur with your system.

Thus, if you are coming across different issues related to your printer, then you can consult the troubleshooter.

You require driver applications to run your hardware devices.

Make sure that the drivers are not outdated, corrupt, or incompatible, resulting in disrupting the communication between the printer and the computer.

Always make sure that you are making use of the most recent and latest device drivers, and also that are compatible with your system requirements and specifications, as this can be extremely useful in resolving printer issues.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Jets are blocked, they need leaving to soak Warm Water or that stuff that's used to clean heads on tape deck. Take the carts out and syringe with a bit of plastic tube and fit over the bit that pricks the Carts when you put them in, do not squeeze two hard or you will pop the jets in the epson

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You might find some interesting information in the three links. Also the cleaning fluid would most likely be ISO- PROPYL- ALCOHOL.

www.powerklin.co.uk

www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

www.valueshop.co.uk/printing.asp

Like this post
matthewowl

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone for your replies.

kristain - its not a problem with power or cables, as data is clearly moving to the printer, paper is feeding OK and minute traces of ink are "flowing". But thanks for taking the time to respone.

I will look at the cleaning suggestions in more detail at the weekend as I'm away from home for a few days now. I'll report back!

Thanks again

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Hi,

The following may work: remove all the ink supplies. Remove the printhead and soak it for about 5 minutes in 0.5" of very hot water. Gently blot the printhead on a soft damp paper towel to remove the excess water, then replace in the printer and then reinstall the ink supplies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...