We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Registry Cleaning Software

johnpalmer

Likes # 0

I currently use Registry Mechanic 8, but am always trying FREE downloads, which I eventually un-install, rather than buy.

These supposed brilliant cleaners, always find HUNDREDS of faults with my registry etc, which my existing Registry Mechanic doesn't find.

Are these all wind ups, or is there a genuine one really worth buying

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

C Cleaner is free and as good as any pay for Cleaner but not as good as Winaso Optimizer.

Free[or trial] version of that will only repair about 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.

It often takes a while to do it that way but once done it is usually quite easy to use after that.

The trial version lasts for ever.

Winaso

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Most of these trial programs will find faults as a negative/positive, and the possible main reason for that is that the company wants you to buy their product.

I use CCleaner and the free version Advanced System Care, both products seem to do their job!.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

As buteman says, winaso is good.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

And I have always used CleanUp

link text

Like this post
johnpalmer

Likes # 0

I too use CCleaner, NoAdware, and Malwarebytes and have done for years, but to my knowledge these are not a registry repairer, which is what I would like.

Are things like "Reimage", or "Registry Patrol" or even "Windows Repair Kit" ant good.

I don't mind paying for something if it genuinely the best thing.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

CCleaner will clean your registry, click on Registry in the left hand column then scan. Many people just use that alone as a cleaner. However I think Winaso is much better, and is my registry cleaner of choice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote