We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pca competitions

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

used the link on pca and found i had to register but after completing it it returns to a blank page again, tried several times and got no where, is it part of the web faults or is there something i am missing when i register that is not too clear?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I'll change my name to somebody then..... 8-o

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

getting same problem still using w7 ie9 and xp ie8

i complete the first page that takes me to the second part then click on register and it takes me back to square one again no matter how how many times i try.

on w7 page opens ok but on xp takes a couple attempts as it often shows page errors with most of the page blank white

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I understand that MyOffers who now run competitions for PCA are used by other subscribers. Presumably all offers are available to all subscribers which makes them available to all registered users. Such a situation provides less chance of a win for a PCA member and registration provides a much larger chance of spam.

My option would be to avoid the spam. It is a pity PCA have chosen to go this route.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Buy a lottery or Irish sweepstake ticket,perhaps less hassle and a bigger prize?.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

lotvic

If you want to enter competitions, but don't want the unsolicited mail, then when you register use a different email address. One that doesn't send them back to your PC.

I have a free Yahoo email address I set up for this very reason.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 errr how will they notify you if you win?

rdave13 - whoops, we were both being light-hearted, no apologies necessary. I should have put a 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley after my post of 'Time I found something else to do then if there is no hope for us here' , however saying that I've got new carpet arriving next Sat morning and I haven't finished the papering and painting yet... oh dear :(

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I was a winner approx. 3 months ago. I got an email "out of the blue" from PCA and my prize arrived within 48hrs - a Swann Security System. It was a lovely surprise and totally unexpected as I had forgotten about the competition.

As FE says - somebody has to win.

Probably a 1st for me and I didn't even have to use my brain !

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

lotvic hope you gave him the correct e-mail address :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

woodchip I ordered carpet in the time honoured traditional way - went to shops, chose carpet, compared prices at different stores, ordered it from a very nice young man who is personally going to deliver it :) (and it was over £50 cheaper than from one of the so-called discount places)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

given up till pca web is fixed, just have to miss those prizes for now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015