We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Temporary loss of sound on tv

capewell38

Likes # 0

I have a Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500U and every so often (maybe 2 or 3 times daily) the sound will be lost for around 2 or 3 seconds. Whilst this does not sound much it is really irritating. Can anybody tell me why this happens or better still how to fix it.

My grateful thanks in advance.

• Tags:
  • tv
Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Try a factory reset

Turn your Sony Bravia on by pushing either the power button on the front of the TV or the power button on the remote control, which is located in the upper right corner of the remote.

Press and hold the "up arrow" button on the remote control. The up arrow button is located in the middle of the remote, to the left of the "Input" button and below the "Picture" button.

Press the power button on the TV while still holding down the up arrow button. The TV will turn off and then turn itself back on.

Release the up arrow button. Once the TV turns itself back on, it will restore your Sony Bravia to its factory settings.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 1

capewell38

Did you get a manual with the TV? Have you looked up trouble shooting? If you've already been down that route and had no joy. Perhaps the manual might tell you how to reset to default?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It may be the sound chip on the Board, that,s gone dickey. Heat may be the problem. You need to check it out with a good TV repair man, He should be able to find out by using a cooler spray

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It may be the sound chip on the Board, that,s gone dickey. Heat may be the problem. You need to check it out with a good TV repair man, He should be able to find out by using a cooler spray.

PS do not go in the back there are things in there that can kill when the power is switched off

Like this post
capewell38

Likes # 0

thanks guys

Like this post
capewell38

Likes # 0

I think my remote is not the same as you describe. There is an up arrow and a power button. I did as you said, but the tv did not come back on when holding down the up arrow. The remote I have is model RM-ED009.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi

When does it happen? By this I mean any particular time of day. Do you lose the sound briefly in conjunction with timers switching on and off, such as the emersion, kettle, fridge etc. Are you watching on Sky, Freeview are the programmes live or recorded?

Like this post
capewell38

Likes # 0

It happens throughout the day. It doesn't occur in conjunction with anything else going on/off. we watch through sky.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer