We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SSC Software for Epson-Please help?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i have downloaded the SSC software but unfortunately under the tab 'Ink Monitor' there is no printer selected, even if i refresh. However, under the tab 'configuration', my printer IS shown

Also, under the tab 'resetter', i clicked on 'test' option and it asks me 'Do you want to begin chip resetting' and 'Remember to remove chip'.....please can i ask what chip i need to remove??

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What epson printer are you using? SSC only works for the listed printers the newer printers are not yet covered.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, the epson sx100 (which actually says sx105 on the box). Do you think it should work?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No because I can't do the same with my SX205

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

On the Configuration tab select Unsupported Printer, this will give you what is available, usually Head cleaning and Ink levels.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Reset for your Printer hear Copy and Paste the link into you browser Address Bar and press enter

http://www.2manuals.com/productinfo.php?productsid=998

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

They happier to be payed for tools

Also check this google page you may find something free

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=epson+sx100+reset+tool&btnG=Search

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip, im sorry to bother you but the first link you posted no longer works- have you any other way of getting to that page please?

Link: http://www.2manuals.com/productinfo.php?productsid=998

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Ps- can i just verify that if i manage to buy/find a counter rest program that this will solve the problem of the printer stating that the cartridge needs changing even when they are still 1/3 full?

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi again- the question to Woodchip still stands...... However, i followed BT's suggestion (On the Configuration tab select Unsupported Printer, this will give you what is available, usually Head cleaning and Ink levels.) and it now gives me the ink levels but when i go to 'resetter', i clicked on 'test' option and it asks me 'Do you want to begin chip resetting' and 'Remember to remove chip'.....please can i ask what chip i need to remove??

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if SSC is a newer version, but the version I used, you let the program reset the chip. Also at once upon a time, chip restters were easily available from places like PCW and Currys, but you don't see them around much nowadays. Perhaps the manufacturers have prevented the sale of such devices!.

For further help, you could try www.fixyourownprinter.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite