We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor

ponytail

Likes # 0

With ref to my post this morning entitled Excel wiz-king asked the question what version of excel I am using.I then replied but my reply has appeared as a new post tried again but same result so now as you can see I have three posts titled excel but the last two are in fact ny reply to wiz-king.How do I get my replies to appear on the original post and not as another post.I am by the way using Microsoft Office Excel 2007

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Ponytail it is only in My Posts that your replies are listed as separate topics. It is an as yet unrectified fault in the new format. If you look in the Helproom forum you can see just a single thread.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

ponytail

There are a number of faults with the new website, and your question is one that is a known fault. The website is still undergoing 'tweaking', so you will need to accept it for the time being.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help and yes the new web site does seem strange but just have to get used to it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

When adding to or replying to a respondent, to keep all entries in the one Thread, you need to leave the thread entirely and then return to it in order to continue your postings.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Nontek, even I can't make sense of that.

I use the 'Reply to this topic' box and then click on Post button...... ;)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Look I just did it again without leaving the thread...

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

lotvic Great, so it appears to have been fixed, I am sure one had to leave the thread and return to add a post - or maybe I was dreaming :-))

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

lotvic now go to My Posts and see how many times is listed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made