We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have two queries using excel 1 I know how to widen the columns but how do I make the rows wider.2 I have a spreadsheet and when it is full I save it and start another one.I want the various headings to be in Bold,Italic and a certain size lettering but when I have done one heading and move to the next one bold and italic are not highlighted and the letter size has gone back to 11.How do I get these settings to stay as I want untill I have completed all the headings

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

What version of Excel?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

To make a row wider just put the cursor on the line between the numbers and drag down.

If you put 'widen rows' in the search box it will give you the details of how to do all rows.

If you want your new spreadsheet to be the same as the old one you can just erase the data from a COPY of your old one like this:

* Press F5 to display the "Go To" box. Select the "Special" button. Choose the "Constants" button and remove the ticks from the Text, Logicals, and Error boxes. "Numbers" should be the ONLY box ticked. When you click "OK", every numeric cell across the spreadsheet will be selected. Now manually press "Delete" to delete the values. If you have text in the spreadsheet aswell, you would just de-select the "Numbers" option and select the "Text" option*

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Microsoft office excel 2007

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2007

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi wiz-king I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2007

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

If you always want the same layout you can use a template click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone