We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I can't get 'Google Suggestions' in IE9

John Ba

Likes # 0

I have a fresh installation of Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. I have set the default search provider to Google UK but I have not installed the Google Toolbar.

When start typing in the address bar Google UK does not make any suggestions as I type. If I look in the 'Manage Add-ons' box then 'Search Suggestions' for Google UK is 'Not Available'. (It is however available but 'Disabled' for Bing).

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get Internet Explorer 9 to make search suggestions using Google UK?

With thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Open Google homepage and top right click the Options cartwheel. Select Search Settings and scroll down to the Autocomplete section. Select "Provide Query Predictions in search box" and click "Save Preferences".

Like this post
John Ba

Likes # 0

Thanks. Google Instant, which makes suggestions if I start typing into the box on the Google UK home page, was already on.

However, I was really wanting to switch on suggestions from Google UK if one is typing into the address bar of Internet Explorer 9. (This is what Bing can do if requested to).

If anyone has any further suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...